- Lobbying Government to Government to support the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT)
- Lobbying relevant Ministries to institutionalize SALWs issues into national policies and by extension the budget.
- Advocate for improved administration and management of national stockpiles
- Lobby Government for the effective and efficient Implementation of the ECOWAS Convention, such as enacting the Arms and Ammunition Bill
2. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION
- Popularization of the ECOWAS Convention through awareness raising and sensitization
- Introducing the Genève Convention on Armed Violence.
- Organise and sensitize communities on elections without guns/violence
- Develop posters, flyers, stickers, jingles for non violent elections.
- Update website
- School visits
- Multiply and disseminate information on SALW and all related issues to schools and Traditional Authorities.
- Organise and hold Press briefings and interviews.
3. CAPACITY BUILDING
- Institutional capacity building
- Training of Network members, media, Schools Teachers and other Patrons on SALW issues, and the introduction of Civil Peace Services.
- Setting-up Regional Networks within the country and strengthening the capacity of Members.
- Support office space and resource centre, the purchase of computers with accessories; photocopier (optional) communication (telephone, internet, website, newspapers, ); utilities(electricity, water, fuel)